Do you want to load up on crispy chicken and fries without being drenched in oil? An air fryer gives you an oil-free guarantee.
There’s a reason why people who lead healthy lifestyles prefer air fryers – they eliminate fats from your food. In the United States, 4 million air fryers were sold in a single year, and a tenfold addition in two years, claimed by the research firm NPD.
Every year, more advance air fryers fill up the shelves of stock markets. Other than being a healthy choice for your body, air fryers offer an irresistible charm to your kitchen as well.
Any crispy food you want to try, you can count on air fryers to cook up juicy yet crispy foods. Moreover, air fryers can also cook side dishes, vegetables, desserts, and lots more.
In this best Ninja air fryer review 2021, we will review some quality-filled air fryers from Ninja that please our aesthetics.
Furthermore, do you have a Ninja in your home? Ninja kitchen appliances include food processors, tea makers, indoor grills, blenders, pressure cookers, ovens, and coffee makers. But, have you ever tried a Ninja air fryer?
If not, then you need to replace your current air fryer with the best ninja air fryer you could find. In this review, our major focus is on best air fryers from Ninja.
Here’s a little bit you need to know about Ninja – Ninja is a common name in the kitchen appliance industry, and it is bound to make your kitchen-related task accurate and delicious.
1. Ninja Foodie Air Fryer – Top Rated Fryer
The 5-in-1 4-qt. is also known as an indoor grill that uses four temperature modes – medium, max, low, and high. The items you want to grill will demand char-grilled marks and outdoor grill-related flavors.
Additionally, you can also choose from dehydrating, bake, roast, and crisp functions, with different temperatures and times.
When it comes to the grill grate, it has enough space to accommodate five hamburger patties, fish filets, chicken breasts, steaks, and similar items. Also, you’ll love how the 4-quart crisper carrier is ceramic-coated and dishwasher-free and can cook family-sized French fries. There is a cool air portion in this indoor grill as well – it reduces the chances of smoke.
The Ninja 5-in-1 4-qt. 4 features a brushed, black stainless steel exterior, plus there are some push-buttons positioned on the face of the grill. The open lid offers an extended gape, so additional consent is needed on the appliance.
Furthermore, the 5-in-1 4-qtis only 27.7 pounds, which means you can take it with you while you travel or whenever you and your family are planning to have a BBQ together. Overall, the Ninja 5-in-1 4-qt. is the best ninja air fryer grill.
- All-Purpose Grill: The Ninja foodie Grill sizzles, air fryers, and sears food. It can be used as an indoor grill.
- Perfect Temperature: To get stunning surround searing, 500F air revolves around the crisps, and the 500F grill grate enhances grilled flavors and marks, delivers food perfectly cooked from the inside and chargrilled on each side under the supervision of Cyclonic grilling technology.
- BTU Cooking Technology: Thanks to the BTU cooking technology, you can experience a wonderful outdoor grill flavor easily at anytime of the year.
- Transformation of Food: Even if you forget to defrost your dinner, this Ninja air fryer will transform your food from frozen to efficiently char grilled in just 20 minutes.
- Fat-Free Foods: With this air fryer, you get 75% less fat as compared to deep fryers.
2. Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer- Best Budget
Do you want to buy a big, yet good looking air fryer for your kitchen? If yes, then this air fryer from Ninja will meet your needs, the best Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer – it is a big and super air fryer.
When it comes to the construction, you can operate the AF161 with easy to use push-button functions which enable you to select the temperature, power, start/stop, cook time, and function.
Besides that, this air fryer offers a bunch of other features as well, which makes the AF161 a reliable air fryer for your kitchen. You can choose between air fry, air broil, reheat, dehydrate, max crisp, air roast, and bake.
Furthermore, it also features a maximum temperature zone of 450F, and the ceramic-coated nonstick basket can accommodate more than 3 pounds of your favorite fried foods, and it is dishwasher free. Additionally, the broiling rack boosts food items near the heating elements to achieve perfect broil.
Smart kitchen owners search for kitchen appliances that are smart looking as well, and the Ninja AF161 air fryer has a metallic grey exterior with some chrome detailing.
Moreover, it features a sizeable digital display on the face surrounded by a bunch of push-buttons. Another amazing thing to notice about this air fryer is that it is not priced high compared to its high-end features, so this kitchen appliance is a major YES!
- Yummy+No-Fat: Enjoy guilt-free, delicious fried food with 7% less fat as compared to traditional frying food methods.
- Max Crisp Technology: Thanks to the max crisp technology, you can expect the Ninja AF161 to provide you with 450 degrees awesomely heated air to make foods faster with crispier and tender results, plus every bite offers a non-fat guarantee.
- Additional Functions: The Ninja AF161 offers air roasting, reheat, max crisp, air broil, dehydrate, and bake functions as well, so you can get your crisp mode on.
- Cooking Basket: It comes with a ceramic-coated, nonstick basket and one crisper plate capable of handling 3 pounds of chicken wings.
- Broil Rack: With ever meal you cook in this air fryer, you’ll get to eat meals with a bubbly and crispy finish. Also, a 2.6-FT cord makes it easier to use anywhere.
3. Ninja Foodi Deluxe XL Cooker & Air Fryer-Cheap Affordable
This kitchen appliance is designed with several features, all packed in one specific unit. With this air fryer, you can pressure cook your most preferred foods, and then add a crispy flavor to them.
Moreover, the push-button controls and manual are positioned on the face of the unit. Additionally, it is very easy to operate this air fryer, start/sop selection power and knob, be able to maintain temperature, function controls, time, and keep your stuffing warm throughout the process.
Some additional functions include slow cook, the air crisp, dehydrate, steam, pressure, sear, broil, roast, and bake.
You can air fry with the help of the reversible rack and the crisp basket. A unique lid can also be used during air frying, and even best when pressure cooking. More on this, the ceramic-coated, nonstick pot is easily washable.
When it comes to the appearance and size, the Ninja FD401 air fryer is a multi-purpose cooker that features a polished stainless steel exterior, and it weighs 26 pounds.
On the other hand, the only prominent ‘unfortunate’ point in the Ninja FD401 air fryer is that its lid is hinged,which means non-removable, plus it’s quite heavy to carry.
- Exciting Functions: The Ninja FD401 air fryer offers air crisp, broil, slow cook, yogurt, seat/sauté, steam, dehydrate, and pressure cook modes.
- Cooking Basket: The frying basket of the Ninja FD401 is XL 5 qt, enough to handle a family-sized meal.
- Max Crisp Technology:Any Ninja air fryer is incomplete without the presence of the max crisp technology. Like all other Ninja air fryer models, this one also contains the maxcrips technology, which delivers 450 degrees of heated air to cook crispy and tender meals.
- Defrosting Benefits: Within 20 minutes, the Ninja FD401 air fryer enables its pressure cooker mode to quickly cook and defrost meals simultaneously. Once you’re done with the defrosting, you can add the crisping lid to give your meal a nice crispy taste.
4. Ninja Foodi Digital, Toaster, Air Fryer, Multi-Purpose Counter-top Convection Oven
Even though fried foods can add additional chunks to your waistline, they are still the yummiest treats ever. Luckily, we have air fryers that can help to make fried foods a bit less fat-containing by eliminating the oils from the foods.
Ninja recently released an air frying machine that can also be used as a countertop oven, a dehydrator, and a toaster oven. It is known as the best Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital, Toaster, Air Fryer.
When you first take a look at this product, you’ll notice that it is not that large. It features a nonstick pan and a spacious air-frying tray. In addition to this, you can even flip the air fryer on its back to store it.
Furthermore, the Ninja 8-in-1 Digital air fryer includes an air frying function, with air broil, keep warm, bake, roast, dehydrate, air roast, and bagel modes. You can be able to adjust the temperature and time settings in-between these modes as well.
Unlike other traditional fryers that demand a lot of assembling when taken out from the box, the Ninja 8-in-1 Digital air fryer does not require any kind of assembling – you can start using it after you’ve taken it out from the box.
- Ultimate Air Fryer: This is a multi-purpose air fryer with 8-in-1 functions; air broil, bagel, dehydrate, air fry, bake, toast, air roast, and keep everything hot and delicious in a single 1800 Watt kitchen supply.
- Enhance your Counter Space: Once you flip the air fryer, you can save 50% space,and you can even use it to keep your backsplash.
- Large Capacity: With this air fryer, you’ll get a chance to cook on a wide platform, which means you can be able to cook a large-sized pizza with proper spacing without having to adjust the slices.
- Air Fry: This Ninja air fryer offers 75% no-fat as compared to other traditional frying appliances.
- Easy Maintenance: It comes with a removable crumb tray and an easy-to-assess back panel for proper fryer cleaning.
- Efficient Cooking: It is much better and faster than a traditional fryer, and it cooks meals within 20 minutes.
5. Ninja Air Fryer, Roasting, Reheating & Dehydrating with Ceramic Coated Basket
Now, this is the last air fryer from Ninja – The best ninja air fryer af101. It is suitable for cooking all sorts of foods, from vegetables, fruits to chicken and meat – all contain an essence of juiciness and crisp.
The best feature of this air fryer is that it is both easy to use and clean, unlike other fryers that demand a lot of scratching and dishwashing to get rid of that after-stench. It includes a basket, a crisper plate, and a multi-layered rack for easy maintenance. You can even use it to cook buffalo wings – isn’t that amazing?
A lot of customers praise the Ninja 1550-Watt air fryerfor being the Ninja Air Fryer, 1550-Watt Programmable Base for Air Frying because it cooks the best French fries, and we agree! Once you have a taste of the fries cooked from this air fryer, there’s no going back.
Moreover, it is an awesome alternative to ovens and can even be used as an outdoor grilling source. On the other hand, a lot of users have complained about the machine is too small, which means it cannot handle family-sized meals – that’s a huge bummer!
Overall, the Ninja 1550-Watt air fryer is definitely worth the money if you’re planning to buy it for two-persons only and not for a whole family.
- Best Temperature: Thanks to the 150F-400F temperature zones, moisture present in every portion of your food is drained out, and as a result, you get crispy and yummy foods.
- HeatingBase: This ninja air fryer delivers a powerful 1550 Watts of HeatingBase that prepares the machine to cook the meal-to-be-crisped efficiently and quickly.
- Easy Maintenance: This is an ultimate air fryer with a crisper plate, a multi-layer rack, and an easy to clean basket.
- Cooking Results: Gives flat, crispy-fried, dehydrated meals for yummy homemade meals. Besides that, the mixture of low temperature and low fan speed provides complete dehydration.
If you are struggling to buy an air fryer with good features, then don’t stress at all, because we are here for you.
In this section of this review, we will discuss some very important aspects to consider before purchasing an air fryer.
Tips to Consider before Buying an Air Fryer
These days, you can easily find a gadget with unique add-ons and features. Due to this very reason, it can be a daunting task to choose the best air fryer for your kitchen.
To help you in this context, we’ve created a list of some important tips to keep in mind before you purchase an air fryer.
- Your Budget
Before choosing to buy anything, the first thing to consider is your budget. Air fryers are available at all kinds of prices, from $60 to $600. However, the price usually depends on the number of features you want your fryer to have.
You can find a cheaper model with similar features to a high-end air fryer, but that will only happen if you make an effort to search the market.
You need to consider the size of the air fryer you want to purchase. If your home only consists of two members, then a 2-quart air fryer will do the trick. Whereas, if your home consists of more than 5 members, then an 8-quart air fryer will be the best option.
- Ease of Maintenance and Use
What’s the use of buying an air fryer that you will not get along with? It is best to look for an air fryer that does not require any assembling and is easy to use. Besides that, an air fryer with dishwasher-proof parts is an ideal choice.
If you are familiar with technology, a digital or touch-screen display can do you wonders. But if you are not a fan of modern technology, you can go for an air fryer with dials.
- Power Supply
The majority of air fryers range from 1,300 watts to 2,000 watts. This is important to consider because the appliances with less-wattage do not offer a wide range of temperature zones and take a lot of time while cooking.
On the other hand, going for high-wattage appliances can help you reach maximum temperature zones with efficient cooking results.
For many reasons, buying an air fryer that offers a nice warranty can be a clever move. If your model is faulty and malfunctions after a few weeks of use, you can get it exchanged with a better working model, without having to spend money.
If you keep these tips in mind, you are likely to end up with an air fryer of your dreams.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
1. Is Ninja a good air fryer?
The Ninja air fryer is a great addition to your kitchen, but you have to make sure you have the space for it. On the other hand, Ninja air fryers are typically designed to be oven-like with different fan and temperature settings that enable it to “air fry,” roast, dehydrate and reheat foods. In short, Ninja is the best kitchen appliance provider for you.
2. What is the best air fryer on the market?
The Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 4-qt air fryer is the best air fryer on the market, as it is lightweight and contains all the necessary features you need to get your crisp on.
3. What are the disadvantages of an air fryer?
An air fryer offers a lot of benefits for its users, and the most prominent one is that it provides low-fat meals and does not demand any hectic afterward cleaning. Besides that, it cooks your foods from every angle with zero oils.
4. What size air fryer do I need for a family of 2?
A 2.2-3.0 quart-sized air fryer will fit a family of 2 perfectly.
5. Is Airfryer better than an oven?
Both ovens and air fryers use a fan to circulate hot air around, but an air fryer circulates the hot hair evenly and accurately as compared to an oven. That is why air fryers are far better than ovens.
6. What size is the largest air fryer?
An air fryer of 5.8-Quarts is considered to be of the largest size.